Friday, February 25, 2011

YURT BEING BOMBED!



SNOW BOMBS DROPPING onto the yurt have me OUTTA THERE at 3:00 A.M.

At first, Cheyana, my loyal poodle, cuddled up really close after the first hour of the wet snow bombs dropping out of the overhanging old oak and onto the canvas roof of my yurt over my bed. It was rather unnerving, but I COULD stay sleepy, especially with my large red dawg right beside me.

But then...the snow bombs got heavier and had way more mass and were dropping more rapidly. We went to the door, I had to reassure my dog that the yurt was not being invaded by wild animals, which the previous weeks, it had been....skunks, raccoons, other members of rodentia scurrying beneath our sleeping quarters, thus giving us both sleepless nights. Cheyana would be up pacing the perimeters of the yurt hearing sounds I did not. But TONIGHT, a snow bomb would drop so loudly, she'd jump up and look at me, I could read the words in her eyes: "Mom, WTF is going on here!!!!?"

Finally,
enough was enough. It was sounding so deadly, that neither of us could take it anymore and here I am, safely at my computer, within the sector of the cabin that did not have the old oak looming over it. The only word/idea I could think of to have it okay to be up at this unghadly hour was BLOG.

So....
I've done the healthy good girl thing: I made some instant organic oats, actually ground some flax seed in my new coffee grinder that I'm using just for this new and improved purpose (we need our fiber!) .....and then made some coffee. It beckons me with it's heavenly aroma this moment as I type. Do they still call it "type" - I can't say KEY, that sounds weird....do comment this blog, fans, and let me know if TYPE is still literarily correct. Yes, I know 'literarily' is NOT correct, but it gets the point across and it's to f*#$@* early to give a rat's azz.

My coffee beckons and oh, yes, I almost forgot: even BEFORE I ingested my healthy sustenance, I found, photoshopped and resized my yurt images for your viewing pleasure. Au Revoir......

P.S. It is so loud in that yurt right now, that I wish I could give you the sounds to accompany this body of work. I will share the story and photos this spring (or sooner) when this deadly oak tree gets cut and craned out of here by my trusty professional, George Basso. Fotos of his fine ass hanging in the trees with his massive chainsaw will accompany that blog......stay tuned......where the fun NEVER ends!

3 comments:

  1. P.S. I realize I wrote "to" in paragraph four when in fact, it OF COURSE should be "TOO" as in "too early to care" - but, it's too early to go back and mess with the edit after I've just posted this....so you can just know that I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the detail. I am happy to see that you TOO had noticed the "to" in paragraph four! Love you Ave...keep up with the mind-u-scripts! I love reading "your mind"!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. God, I just LOVE when you read my MIND, luv - it really turns me on!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete