Wednesday, July 28, 2010

GREETINGS & SALUTATIONS EARTHLINKS & OTHERS


So here we are, another mild, summer afternoon...balmy, breezy and non eventful in the drama department. I have learned that the hormonal balance within my physical body is WAY out of balance. Now I wasn't told by the women's health practitioner who's care I was under and who answered my menopausal questions, that hormonal deficiencies the first FIVE years post menopause CAUSE BONE LOSS!!! So I've been tested twice and have full on bone loss. G R E A T! So if any readers out there can learn from this and replace those hormones in those critical first years, you will not host such a condition.

Of course I feel no effects from bone loss. I haven't shrunk. I just won't use those new rollerblades I purchased or my new ice skates I got last winter. I mean, why invite trouble while I don't have insurance to cover an orthopedic repair. I'm not a fear factor freak, but I'm not into pushing it until I build back the skeletal structure. Now hormone replacement therapy has gotten a pretty bad rap over the years, and the good ol' US of A is really backward compared to Europe when it comes to innovative medicine THAT WORKS, and their women supplement the hormones in a way that does not cause other problems. The gel-based hormones ordered from WOMEN'S INTERNATIONAL PHARMACY is the ticket. Half the price. And don't forget to request the gel, not the cream, as the cream is fraught with chemical additives. Why get a dose of stuff you don't need with the stuff you do need. Yeah, the gel is 'colder' without the consistency of a nice cream, but this is not worth putting more laboratory crap onto my skin and into my system.

All the symptoms I have expressed in previous blogs are indicative of hormonal imbalance, extremely low levels I might add. Have your formulations done from a SALIVA TEST which is more reliable than a blood test as it shows the hormonal activity and interaction. I may not even BE bipolar. This is an overdiagnosed condition and the doctors get kickbacks from the pharmaceutical companies. After all, a psyche doctor would rather prescribe his kind of meds than send you to your doctor to check for hormonal imbalances. This possibility wasn't even suggested by my psyche doctor.

SO LADIES.....I wound up talking here like the expert on menopause that I have become. The journey has been perilous and downright shitty. No scientific term describes it like JUST PLAIN SHITTY. One can insert the words transitional, life changing, transformational, paralyzing, but apply experience to any of those terms and it's JUST PLAIN SHITTY. Like childbirth, JUST PLAIN PAINFUL. I don't care how many drugs you get, it's just plain painful. If this blog reaches just ONE WOMAN out there and helps steer her ship into waters that are easier to navigate for a shorter term than mine has been, this blog has served its purpose. Please feel free to write me any comments, questions or your own experience with this aspect of womanhood that our ancestors were spared by not living past 40. Of course they were having to live in caves, avoid demise from being food for large animals with big teeth, or worse yet, dying in childbirth. I don't think any of them had time to contemplate possible effects related to actually BEING a woman. Did they even know how they got pregnant???

This most humorously irrelevant photograph heading this blog is a central art sculpture at the Peggy Guggenheim museum on the Grand Canal in Venice, Italy. I have to wonder how Peggy might have utilized this work in her own humorous way, it is after all, conveniently life size and reflects the endowment of Adonis himself!

As a POST SCRIPT, I must mention that men do not escape hormonal shifts in what is called ANDROPAUSE. The recipient of this condition may lose their enthusiasm for the challenge of work, competition and sexual activity. They can also lose bone and muscle mass and have their energy zapped. SO LADIES, we are not to assume all the blame put on any relationship discord as we received during our PMS cycles due to hormones or the lack thereof. Remember when during certain times in our relationships/marriages where the male counterpart could conveniently blame any issues on our cycles???? They didn't even consider the possibility/probability that they had any negative contribution to aggravate us, AND they don't taste near as yummy as chocolate, no wonder we didn't crave them like we did chocolate!



No comments:

Post a Comment