Friday, April 29, 2011

ROYAL WEDDING SAFELY EXECUTED


AND WHAT A SHOW IT WAS ! When Diana's two princes appeared in their Rolls and rode to the Abbey, I did well with emotion for their mother. The site of them made me so proud for her. There's a maternal web that links all mothers and we can feel clearly what others in "THE MOTHERHOOD" experience, whether they are on the other side of the veil or still EARTHBOUND.

Douglas & I shared a royal evening. I'd been painting a window absolutely all day, with Cheyana in tow. She was incredibly patient and very well behaved, tethered to a post next to me. I would pet her and love on her throughout the day.

While Douglas napped in preparation for the televised viewing in the wee hours, I baked lemon scones at my domicile and tried to nap but could not. I was restless with the activities going on in the Greenwich Mean Time Zone, wrote the previous blog and gathered what I would take to Douglas' for the private party: scones, coffee, breve, the necessities of course. I indulged in a coffee at 11:30 p.m. as I prepared to go over. It was quite wicked drinking my creamy caffeinated brew at such an hour!

We watched the POMP and had a jolly good time. I wore the fascinator I made that is pictured here, white pajamas and my flowing white spa-robe from Italy, a delicious garment that I feel rather like a duchess when wearing.

It's 10 a.m. on Friday, and I am DEAD! Viewed their "Kiss" from my house, as Doug didn't stay up for that. It was rather anti-climactic after the amazing ceremony that moved us both deeply.

Truly, it made me wish to be married if indeed marriage is about the words the Archbishop of Canterbury spoke so eloquently of it being. I had a sense that I missed out....but I did not give into that yearning for long, as that is pure pain-body lingo and I didn't want to mar the beautiful effect those words and prayers had on me~~that being I was filled with hope, inspiration and the sense that something very good was embracing me and guiding me and supporting me.

A most powerful moment was when all in attendance said The Lord's Prayer, of which I of course said also. To think so many were saying that prayer aloud all over the globe simultaneously was very, very powerful and moving.

I missed Diana, but felt her there of course. Presence lives on long after the body is no longer attached to it. My lemon scones came out perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment